If you’re in need of a Monday Motivation, this might help:
– I was the oldest of 7 children of a refinery worker on a single income.
– I was expelled from my high school my senior year.
– I never played one game of college baseball…
– I never played professional baseball
– It took me 10 years and 6 months from my HS graduation to my college degree
– In 2010, I was homeless living out of my car.
– At the end of 2012, completely broke, living 500 miles from home and a pregnant wife, my friends had to buy me groceries and diapers. I quit coaching to get a “real” job and had to move in with my in-laws where I did chores like clean the pool to pay “rent”.
From 2013 to 2018:
– I am currently the hitting coach of an SEC Baseball program and last year I was the hitting coach for the best hitting softball team in the SEC.
– I have helped develop 2 MLB All-Stars and worked with nearly 100 pro players.
– I have been the featured speaker for hitting at the National Softball Coaches Convention and the World Baseball & Softball Convention.
– I help MLB Network with their Diamond Demos when needed
– I help consult with nearly a dozen MLB coaches and a couple MLB teams.
– I have nearly 700,000 followers on social media
– I have an incredible family and support system
God Is Good. All the time. I have been incredibly blessed and thankful. None of this would have happened if it weren’t for the people God placed in my life to speak into it.
The reason I want you to know all of this? Anything is possible. Anything. Don’t let anyone tell you your dreams are too big or that you don’t have what it takes. If you relentlessly pursue them, it is possible.